Last Updated: September 2, 2022
START A BLOG WITHOUT THE FEAR AND DOUBTDo you want to start a blog? But doubt, fear, and uncertainty stand in your way? Today, you will learn not only how to easily create a Wordpress blog but address the concerns that stand in your way. Click To Tweet
Do you want to start a blog? But doubt, fear, and uncertainty stand in your way? Today, you will learn not only how to easily create a WordPress blog but address the concerns that stand in your way.
Blogging is what changed my life and pushed me out of my comfort zone, all by doing something I actually love.
Plus, you start a money-making blog in 30 mins or less for just a few dollars a month. Below is everything you need to be successful from the start. I have included the discounted pricing for Bluehost so you can get started for cheap. In addition, you will get a free blog domain through my link but act quickly. And to finish it off a free theme!
Ready to jump right in? Click here to start your WordPress Blog, then use the tutorial below for complete easy directions.
Dealing with the fear and doubt head-on. Are you excited about starting a blog but think now is not a good time because I’m not ready or who would listen to what I have to say?
I have been there too.
I made a ton of excuses why later would be better, that life is taking over, what others may think. Or how can I devote time when I have a full-time job and 2 children. However, one day I just DID IT.
With a helpful goal-setting strategy set a date for 2 days to get my thoughts together and started. Yes, there was the thought of fear of failure. But, the fear of what if I am extremely successful but never tried was stronger. Besides failure is just part of the process, not the end-all.
If You let fear get in my way, then you never try anything.
Update 2021: Now 3 kids, a full-time job and still loving blogging!
Update 2022: I left my job and blogging full time!
Why Start A Blog?
Do you ever dream of a more flexible life?Building YOUR dream and CLIMB own your ladder. Click To Tweet
I love the idea of having my own business and can’t wait until I am working from home doing something I love.
A blog is a starting point. It’s the vehicle that takes you where you need to go. It can be used for many purposes. Traditionally a blog was a place where people documented their personal lives and post pictures of their families. Now, blogs took a turn in an entirely different way.
It is a website that offers people interesting and useful content. You can blog about anything.
- Healthy living
- Self- help
There are tons more categories just start with something you love to do and go from there. A blog can be a platform for other ventures. For example, if you make clothes but don’t know exactly how to promote them…start a blog, show your work and provide sales through your site. It’s basically a website that promotes YOU!
Blogging has been a great asset for me. As you know, I have only been blogging for now 4 years and love the extra money.
But more importantly, I have been able to help moms reach goals and gain clarity and focus.
I have been able to work on my blog around my full-time job and family without sacrificing myself and time with the kids.
Anybody can make money blogging but more importantly, do something that you enjoy. Basically, after you invest in your blog host, you will be able to make your money investment back quickly.
How to Start A Blog In A Few Easy Steps
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you decide to purchase any of these resources, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products only because I have experience with them and use them for my own business.
Now that we got all that out the way let’s get started. I am going to guide you to finally start a blog in 30 mins or less. After you follow this step-by-step process, you will wonder why you didn’t start earlier.
All you need to start is to get a cup of coffee and relax. Then 30 mins or less, a domain name idea (for example famleeoffour.com), and a web hosting account. Trust me it takes no time to set up.
Don’t have time right now?
Download this guidebook and read it later. I will show you have to start a blog easily, get through doubt in not time ( trust me– it’s easy!) If you find that need help along the way, please don’t hesitate to email me [email protected] com or message me on Instagram
I will show you …
- SET UP A BLOG WITH FREE DOMAIN ( Pick a blog name)
- PICK THE BEST HOSTING
- HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS
- START DESIGNING A BLOG
- HOW TO RIGHT YOUR FIRST BLOG POST
- START A BLOG THE RIGHT WAY
SETTING UP YOUR BLOG
The trial and error approach is long behind us. This is thanks to the many bloggers that have paved the way. So you can jump on the right track without making many mistakes.
WordPress.org is the place where you will set up your blog. There are other options for bloggers such as Blogger, WordPress.com, Weebly, Wix, but they have tons of limitations. And it’s not a great choice if you are going to monetize your blog. Plus, at the end of the day, they own the rights.
Most of the longtime bloggers explained they learned the hard way. Because someone else actually controls the site. I knew that I wanted freedom and monetize my blog. Besides, you get a nice neat domain name. So instead of yourwebsitename.blogspot.com, it’s just yourwebsite.com. Clean and Simple.
Domain name option
I noticed many bloggers using their name as a domain name. For example, Meylssagriffin.com, MayaElouis.com, and byregina.com after you set up your blog be sure to check out their site. Other domain names that involve the blog focus: Wpbeginner, Lifestyled.com, and DudeMom.com. Just think of something that hits home and go with it. Don’t let this get in the way of starting a blog. Please don’t think of a blog name for weeks or months.
If you what to start a blog that has low monthly rates, then choosing Bluehost is the way to go. Bluehost is an excellent web host that offers great customer service.
Bluehost is one of the leading web hosting companies in 2017, which allows you to start for as low as $2.75 a month ( Click here to claim this excellent Bluehost offer). You will also receive a free domain with a 12-month plan or more extended plan because it gives you the best bang for your buck.
These are tons of reasons why you want to start off with Bluehost for WordPress. And honestly, I believe they are one of the best hosting providers. These reasons include:
- self-hosted so, you can run your own advertisements
- Add affiliate links
- Direct advertising
- It’s straightforward to use so anyone can create a WordPress blog using this tutorial.
- Free blog domain
- Free WordPress
- A guarantee…. not as if you will need it. 😉 If you run into setting up, you can send me an email.
- It’s the most reasonable business start-up I have ever heard. You pay just 2.75 a month.
First, you need to go to Bluehost to start.
Ready to purchase your domain + hosting?
How To Start A WordPress Blog On Bluehost
First, you will need to head on over to Bluehost. There are many web hosting companies out there, but Bluehost is where I started.
So you are ready to start a blog on Bluehost and how to start a blog on WordPress, continue below.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost
- Open up Bluehost to start the process. It should pop up in another window so you can follow along. You’ll be redirected to Bluehost through my affiliate link and may get some additional perks for signing up through this code. (I appreciate the support!)
Click the button to get started.
1. Select A Plan
I started with the Basic plan because of the cost. Besides, you can always upgrade when you need to.
2. Register your Domain Name ( Pick a Blog Name)
Remember that name you were trying to come up with? You can check to see if it’s available on any domain search. Register your domain name with Bluehost under the new domain then click next.
- Enter your contact information to finalize your package and complete this step.
- Next go down to the package information section. I chose the cheapest option 36 m because it had the lowest monthly rate. Heads up– Bluehost charges for the full 36 months upfront. Because you are pre-paying for the next 36m, they can offer this small price. * note they also offer a money-back guarantee, which minimizes the risk. However, if you are unsure, then sign up for the 12-month plan. It’s still an affordable price $59 a year plus you still get the free domain.
I purchased the domain privacy protection for an additional fee to keep my contact information safe (This is optional). There are other options that you can buy so check out the description, but I don’t recommend purchasing them. Again you can always add them later if you need them. Add your billing information then click Next.
Again there are some additional options you can purchase, but I didn’t. Go and click Complete. Congrats you have a Bluehost account!
Now, create your secure password.
After you create and write down your password, log into your account under hosting.
3. Your Hosting Platform
Excited and Nervous? I am happy for you because you are on your way.
Then on the next screen click install. Then choose your domain name from the drop-down menu and then click Next. You must name your site; create a WordPress username and password. Check automatically to create a new database for this installation, and I have read the terms and conditions. Then click Install Now.
It will begin to install which you will notice a green bar at the top of the screen.
Congratulations! I’m so excited for you. Don’t you feel empowered? Did the fear subside? Ready to start your blog!
Go to your email and save the vital information from MOJO marketplace.
3. Select your WordPress Theme
You can either select a from the many free themes, paid themes, or find your theme. I tried the free version for several weeks before I realized I needed a paid version. Because there were too many limitations on customization.
To find a paid theme. Or change the theme go to the WordPress Dashboard and select Appearance-> >>Themes. Add new themes. Pick whatever you interesting in.
Types of Themes
If you are looking for a beautiful design for your blog, Angie Makes seems affordable and popular. AngieMakes is what I used for my blog, and I highly recommend it. I was looking for women inspired theme, so I decided to go with Lucy & Lane from Angie Makes.
She also offers a free theme on her page as well so be sure to check it out here. Once you found the theme you want, install and activate the theme. It can be customized under the Appearance Menu as well.
To view Angie Makes beautiful designs and free downloads click here!
2. Restored 316
As SEO became a big thing for driving traffic to my blog, I moved from Genesis Framework to Kandace. And currently use Restored 316 Beloved Theme.
3. Bluehost themes
#4 CREATE YOUR FIRST BLOG POST!
- You will simply go to Post icon then click Add Post.
- After you write you lovely and beautiful blog post click Publish! My first post was short, simple and scary. I was not sure what to say or not say, but I did it anyway and kept pushing forward. Now I can’t stop writing, and I’m glad I just got over the fear and did it.
#5 START YOUR BLOG THE RIGHT WAY
Here are more blog related resources to look at after you learn how to start a blog on WordPress. These can help you navigate through the blogging world. Even if you already have a blog, I recommend checking out these free resources below as well. There are some affiliate links below.
- For everything about WordPress for beginners visit WpBegginer, click here.
- Angie Make Themes she is all about designs and has tons of freebies.
- Building a Framework is one of the best blog books I ever read. It’s designed to help you learn the process and navigate the blogging world. Abby from Just a Girl and her Blog teaches all the strategies, hacks, and removes uncertainty in getting started. After you finish setting up your blog, I highly recommend you read her book. Plus she has strategies for growing an email list, driving traffic to your site, increasing your social media channels, building a network and working with brands. Click here to learn more about Building a Framework!
- After getting comfortable with posting, you must understand how to send emails. Meera Kothand is thorough and also has a simplified email course.
- For the best Affiliate Marking strategies then Michelle Making Sense of Cents is your girl! Michelle from Making Sense of Cents states, “I now travel full-time with my husband and our two dogs, and we are on track to have a 6 figure income month (yes, $100,000 in income a month!) through blogging by the end of this year. If it weren’t for my blog, none of this would be possible”. WOW! Freedom here we come.
Hopefully, I motivated you to start a blog and also eliminated the fear of starting NOW! Let me know if you need help, and I hope to see you in the blogging world. I would love to work with you. Email me at [email protected] or reach out to me on my facebook page here.