Looking for ideas to make extra money, reduce debt, and save money?
The world has become an unpredictable place—the stock market changing, businesses are closing, and layoffs are creeping up. Therefore, you want extra money so you can have a sense of security.
You may make good money now, and the problem is how you spend it. Or the relationship you have with money.
Be aware of where your money is going because making money will not help if you spend too much.
So the first thing you should check your money mindset.
Money Mindset Affects Growth
Making extra money or saving becomes difficult if your money blocking beliefs are in the way.
Understanding how to remove those negative thoughts is the key to allowing money to flow easily. Applying simple steps can change your mindset about money and develop the possibility of having more money.
My money stress came from my student loan debt.
Then, several years ago, it clicked. I can create the life I want by changing what I am willing to do to get there.
So, I started a blog that aligned with my personal core values. See, I already work a 9-5, so I didn’t want anything that took more time away from my family.
I understood that blogging was a business and was ok with the slow burn.
Now a few years later, I am making enough money to pay the debt down, which in turn will give me financial freedom.
Financial Freedom Will Change Your Life
Believe me, any amount earned or saved helps towards your future.
Picture a life where you are entirely debt-free—yes, a life without bills. I mean NONE.
~ No house loan
~ College loan debt gone
~ Car paid off
~ Credit card paid off
A life where you If work because you choose to and not because you HAVE too.
A few ways that extra money could make a difference in your life is by
- First and foremost pay down DEBT FASTER
- Start an Emergency Fund
- Invest in Retirement
- College Fund for kids
- Pay off your home early
- Save for a family vacation
- Leave your current job … Say what? Yes, side hustles can make good money.
- Share money
CLEVER MAKE EXTRA MONEY IDEAS WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOUSE
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you decide to purchase any of these resources, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products only because I have experience with them and use them for my own business.
How To Make Money as an Introvert
1. Start a Blog:
Not only are you doing something you love, but you can make a good income from doing so. My most influential bloggers are Michelle Schroeder- Gardner from Makings Sense of Cents has earned $100,000 in income a month by blogging. Abby from Just a Girl and her Blog income report for December 2106 was 41,666. Melyssa Griffin, whom I met in person, said 283,680 in December 2016.
Are you inspired? You can easily create your blog with my simple step by step tutorial. Don’t tell anyone, but it’s as little as 2.95 a month with your free domain. Did you calculate that yearly as I did? I paid a little over $100 for three years. BOOM.
There are two resources that I invested in, that changed everything for me. It’s Suzie start a mom blog and Blogging Bootcamp.
2. Become a Leap force at Home Agents: enjoy competitive pay, have no set work hours or schedules, and enjoy the benefits of running their own home-based business.
3. Input data for companies: so check out Upwork and choose between fixed rates and hourly rates Freelance Jobs at Upwork.com.
4. Takings Surveys: This is an easy way to make extra money at home. Survey companies I recommend are Swagbucks, Survey junkie, American Consumer Opinion. It’s free to answer some surveys, test products, and make your money.
5. Test and review websites: UserTesting.com pays you to review sites. Plus, you get $10 for each site review and $15 for the mobile test. They are looking for an everyday person’s perspective.
* this works but you need a quiet house so the system can hear you clearly
6. Review movie & preview: Did you know that you can get paid for watching videos such as previews, news celebrity videos, and others? Swagbucks ask you to view specific videos, so it’s an easy way to earn over $200 a month (varies). Plus, you get $5 just for signing up here!
* I tried this, and it was time-consuming, but others say it works for them
7. Help Google Improve: Get Google’s Screenwise app here. Google uses this information to help them market and increase the functionality of their advertising programs when targeting users that are similar to you.
8. Give google your opinion: answer quick surveys and earn google play credit. It may not make you money but can save you money if you love to download music, games, or buy apps.
* my husband does this and brags about the gift card he receives.
Extra Money Ideas Using Pets
9. Pet Watcher: It’s like babysitting but with animals. My friend loves animals and swears by it. She simply has pets come over when the owner is out-of-town and make money per dog. And it’s not like kids because there’s no rule on how many pets can be in your house. Use Care.com or indeed.
10. Dog Walker– My friend Evelyn walk dogs as a part-time job, while her husband earns enough to replace more than his full-time job.
11. Groom Dogs– offer to wash, clip nails and care for the pets
How to Make Money with Kids
12. Babysit Kids: If you have a full-time job and wondering how I can watch more kids. I have an excellent idea. You can babysit on the weekends or for special occasions Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, or someone’s anniversary. Be creative. A Nanny can now make about 15$ an hour. So post up your flyer at schools or in the community center. Also, check out Care.com
13. Teach something you know: My friend Caroline has piano lessons in her home. She is a stay at home mom who makes 1,000 a month teaching kids a skill. This is her way of making extra money without even leaving the house. Brilliant!
Ideas to Make Money When You Enjoy People
14. Become a Virtual Assistant: Business owners are looking for a modern way to make their business run smoothly, and Virtual Assistants are in demand. Most start off blogging because it shows your work and makes it easy to connect with others. But that’s not the only way to network on Facebook or LinkedIn. And advertise on craigslist or at Zirtual and Upwork.
15. Transcriptionist: Listen to audio documents that need to be transcribed on paper. I couldn’t tell you how many people are looking for someone to assist them in the blogging world, and lawyers look for transcriptionists as well. Check Facebook and LinkedIn.
16. Prepare Taxes: Tax season is an excellent time to help individuals fill out their taxes.
17. Rent out a Room: Have a house with extra space? You can rent out a room to help alleviate the cost of your mortgage.
18. Become a Tutor: As a busy mom, you can’t be everywhere all the time. Offer a virtual service such as tutoring a language, homework or SAT can allow you to stay home and work.
19. Resume and Cover Letter Building: I have edited enough resumes and help others create great resumes so they can get a job. You can create templates and sell them on Etsy.
20. Instacart: You can make money shopping for others. These jobs are hot right now. Many people no longer want to go to the store so they are hiring like crazy. Also, you can make your own schedule.
You can also use instacart to saving money by finding exclusive coupons on hundreds of items. We currently, use instacart to save time and money.
21. YouTube– people have set up YouTube Channels and tapped into a Vlog, which is a video blog to become an influence and make extra money.
22. Search Craigslist– look for work from home jobs to make extra money. You would not believe how many people are looking for editors, writers, freelancers, and resume help.
23. Amazon Virtual Locations: did you know that Amazon offers work from home jobs anything from a call center, procurement to a financial analyst? Look for jobs here.
How to Save Money
24. Refinanced Loans: This lowers the interest rate on student loans. So instead of 6.5 %, earnest can start as low as 2.55%. You just saved loads of money on interest. Then reinvest the extra money back into the loan. I have researched the best loan refinance companies, and by far, Earnest had the best rate. Find out how much you will save by refinancing your loan at Earnest. Plus, Earnest offers a $200 bonus to your account when you sign here.
25. Ebates: Are you an online shopper? Yep me too! This app is great because when you sign up, you get $5 plus you can get up to 10% cashback. I have already received five checks because I’m a true online shopper Amazon is my best friend. It doesn’t cost anything to use Ebates. Instead, you just click on a link to their website, type what store or website you‘re looking for, and it sends you directly to the desired website. They earn money from you shopping through their link. And they offer you a discount for doing so. Plus, you can still use coupons and discounts. Another way to make extra money is by receiving cashback on your purchases. Let get you saving and making money here!
26. Use the app Ibotta: The modern way to coupon without clipping papers. Go to the store of your choice and click the coupons that you would like to use for future purchases. And within minutes after submitting your proof of purchase, you will get cashback! Receive $10 with a welcome bonus. Sign up at Ibotta!
27. Make your money back with a refund on items that you brought: Download Paribus app, which connects to your email and searches receipts for dropped prices. Get price adjustments at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and more.
How to Earn Extra Money Online
28. Sell your Things: You can sell your child’s clothes at Once Upon a Child, Craigslist, or adult clothes at Plato’s Closet. Now with the new app such as Letgo, you can sell just about anything from home.
29. Be Creative: sell things on Esty. If you’re good at making things from printable, hats, pillows, jewelry, or wedding invitations, this is a great place to start. Skies are the limit.
~ I have an Etsy shop as well because I wanted to diversify my income. Check it out: The Mom Print Shop
Make Extra Money Ideas Using Computer Skill
30. Technical Freelancing: allows you to make money with design, graphics programming. Check out Upwork for hourly jobs and rates.
31. Fiverr: This is an excellent way to make extra money by using your skills. To find out how someone made 864 in a month on Fiverr and how you can make it too. Then read his story here. To view jobs on Fiverr, click here.