#Love Language Gift Ideas for Anyone
“What makes one person feel loved isn’t always the same for their spouse or partner”author Gary Chapman
Do you have a hard time finding the perfect gift that expresses how much you love them?
You want to stop purchasing gifts that they are slightly happy with, and instead, buy a gift that melts their heart?
Sometimes it’s hard to know because you been in the relationship so long that you feel like they already should know you love them, so anything you gift them should be a great gift.
The problem is you could be unknowingly expressing your love, based on how you want to be loved. Instead of giving gifts that communicate their love language.
This post will list the 5 love languages, and gift options that you can give that will make them feel loved and appreciated.
What are the Five Love Languages?
The 5 Love Languages are Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love.
These approaches help individuals experience love aligned with their desire to receive it.
Because we all received gifts that we didn’t like.
Have you ever received a gift like maybe a nice necklace, but you preferred a relaxing stone massage?
Or was approached by your husband who wants to have sex, when you rather cuddle and watch a scary movie? ( I absolutely love scary movies)
On the other hand, It could really be challenging to find the perfect gift when your kids, husband, wife or partner has everything.
But do they?
More importantly, what do they do with the gifts after receiving them? – Regift, put in a pill with other gifts, sits at the bottom of the toy box?
That’s because everyone has different love languages which are:
- Acts of Service
- Words of Affirmation
- Physical Touch
- Receiving Gifts
- Quality Time
Each person can have a primary love language and a secondary language.
Let’s, jump into some love language gift ideas that will make your kids feel appreciated, and your partner feels loved.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information go to the disclosure page.
Acts of Service Love Language Gift Ideas
For this group, action speaks louder than words.
This means a person feels loved when someone does something for them.
It could chores around the home, cooking a meal, or taking the kids out of the house and other similar tasks.
Love Language Gift Ideas for Partner
- Breakfast In Bed
- Let them Sleep in while you take care of the kids
- Pay for a cleaning service to restart your peace of mind
- Coupons for Moms that get the kids involved
- A robotic floor vacuum and mop– My husband brought this for me one Christmas, and it has been amazing. I set the time when I leave for work, and it cleans the floor. Plus, as a mom of a 2-year-old, food is always on the floor, so it needs to be cleaned. And this works wonders!
- Dish Washer- this is amazing at helping with getting more things done. It’s like having lots of helper in the home.
Gift Ideas For Kids Love Language
- A surprise room makeover- I gave my son a sport them room, painted the wall, and added decals to the wall- Tips to make a small room look bigger
- Make them a special treat ( my grandma makes my son sweet potato pie, and it melts his heart every time) or their favorite meal
- Make them a drink and bring it to them
- Do a chore they normally would do
- Make a Holiday Card by hand opposed to purchasing a store card- My 12-year-old son suggestion
Words of Affirmation Love Language Ideas
This love language uses words to affirm other people.
This group loves verbal expression of love.
For example, telling someone they are beautiful, they are doing a fantastic job as a parent, they are a great child and that you love them.
For your Partner
- Nothings better than coupons with word of affirmation expression your love
- Love letter professing your love
- Custom Photo Books at Mixbook (add images of family or you 2 together)
- Make a music playlist on an iPad/ CD if your older like me
- Affirmators! Original Deck 50 Affirmation Cards to Help You Help Yourself – Without the Self-Helpy-Ness– cards that will make your spouse feel loved
- Beautiful Wall Art, that express love
- Write a romantic poem or write a song
For your Kid
Gift ideas for the kids don’t always have to lavish and over the top. I love it section because it allows you to connect with your kid beyond purchasing gifts perse.
- Leave a note in their lunch box
- text them and tell them that you love and appreciate them
- Speak highly about them around family and friends
- Coupons for kids with words of affirmation
- Write in a journal and leave it for them to read
- Mommy or Daddy loves them, Wall Art
Physical Touch Love Language Ideas
People who speak this love language enjoy being near someone. The simple gift of human contact is easy to give.
Love Language Physical Touch Ideas for Partner
- Offer a back or foot massage
- Intimate touching
- Flirt with them
- Cuddle while watching their favorite movie
- Take them dancing
- Couple’s massage
- Couple’s body painting class
- Spice things up with a Kama Sutra book
Physical Touch ideas for Kids
- cuddling and watching a good movie- My 5-year-old suggestion
- giving lots of kisses and hugs, being seated on a parent’s lap
- a simple pat on the back or a high-five
- giving group hugs
- creating a spa night and do manicures, pedicures
- snuggling close and reading together
Receiving Gifts Love Language Ideas
People who want to receive gifts as a sign of love are not materialistic.
You want to make sure you purchase thoughtful gifts that indicate that you listen to their wants.
This can be achieved by sending them flowers on special occasions such as Mother Day, Valentine’s Day, or Birthdays. Just know what matters most to this group is the thought behind the gift.
For Significant Other
- Pick up their favorite flowers
- Schedule them an appointment for a massage or pedicure
- Make them a gift basket of things they love
- Purchase Items of their favorite Sports team
- Buy tickets to a Sports event
- Handwritten Keychain – Gifts for Him
- Timeless Necklace– Gift for Her
Got a Partner Whose Love Language is Gift Giving? Here Are 5 Truths They Want You to Know.
- Give them a lollipop bouquet
- Offer a gift card to their favorite store
- Surprise them with a gift between holidays
- Pack a small gift in their backpack
- Get them their favorite treat at the grocery store
Quality Time Love Language Ideas
This love language loves attention.
People whose love language is quality time want to spend undivided attention with those they love. This means leaving your cell phone behind and spending intentional time with your loved one. Whether it’s talking about what happened at work, just having a conversation over coffee, or watching a TV show with them.
My husband and I look forward to Sunday nights when or favorite show comes on. We are fans of Game of Throne (weep it’s over), HBO outsider, any Netflix show. By spending time with that person, you will let them know that you care.
Love Language Gift Ideas for Adults
- Watching a Movie together- because we don’t have family close by or a babysitter, we schedule off work and go while the kids are in school
- Sip and Paint
- Scheduling a Cooking Class
- Walk in the Park or Lunch Picnic Date
- Go to a Comedy Show
- Go see a Play- we seen Madea and Dream Girls ( what play do you recommend?)
- 12 Preplanned Dates for a Year– this list is impressive! I already schedule the Escape room on our next day off.
Gift Ideas for Kids Love Language
- Family Redbox Movie Night
- Schedule a date with your older children because just they are so busy :-/
- Play makeup
- Have tea time
- Play board game or Uno
- Play a video game together like JustDance, Fortnite, MindCraft or Roadblock
- Do puzzles together like Barbie, Frozen, or Flash
- Playing their favorite sport ( baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.)
- Get a jewelry Kit and make it for their friends. We have several jewelry kits here is one on Amazon
- Make Slime, just don’t get it on your carpet or furniture
- Campout in the Backyard
- Build a Bouquet Play Set
- Go on a Nature Walk to spot out fun things
For an in-depth understanding, I recommend reading or listening to the love language books.
How can I learn more about my partner or child’s love language?
These books are a great way to learn more and they can also take the love language test on the app Love Nudge
1- The 5 Love languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children Effectively
2- The 5 love languages of Teenagers- The Secret to Loving Teens Effectively
3- The 5 Love Languages – The Secret to Love That Last
Understanding LL Gifts Ideas Final Note:
Because in marriage, and as a parent or any relationship, you don’t want to take things for granted. And expressing how much you love someone can strengthen a relationship.
That’s why it’s essential to show them you love them with a gift that speaks to their love language.
Quick recap: There are 5 love languages that most people gravitate too. You know longer have to wonder what’s the perfect birthday gift, Mother’s day gift, or fathers day gift to get for your significant other. Or what to get your child for an Easter gift or Christmas gift.
Instead, by understanding how they want to be loved, you can always hit their heart!
Do you know your child’s or significant love language?