Looking for back to school tips to help ease the stress?
Don’t let the back-to-school season catch you off guard! Can you believe it’s already that time of the year again? It feels like we were enrolling for summer camp just last week, and now we’re back in school mode. Time flies!
I think this year will be a great one for my family, and we’re all looking forward to the new activities the kids can participate in at school. I’m sure they’re excited to see their friends again, too!
Depending on the grade back-to-school list might vary, but to streamline and simplify the process, I proactively kick-start my preparations and stay organized. This approach eases my life considerably and ensures a smoother experience.
For an effortless and efficient back-to-school preparation, here’s a straightforward tip that saves time and money. Follow these steps.
Back to School Tips for Parents
1. Print your Back to School Supply List
I can’t begin to tell you how easier your life would be if you prepared first.
Print out the list of school supplies list that is from the school website.
If you don’t have one, you can use the back-to-school list template below to add additional items, but basically, it’s all the same regardless of the grade.
And check out TeacherLists to make sure there is nothing you are missing!
2. Find School Supplies around the House
For me, sorting through the items we already have at home is significant. I prefer not to purchase additional pairs of scissors, crayons, or highlighters.
Our house is home to a multitude of items that are impeccably maintained. My surprise is never-ending when I inspect my kid’s art section, only to discover unused treasures.
3. Back to School Sales & Coupons
There’s nothing quite like the thrill of shopping, but finding the best deals can sometimes be a challenge. Luckily, there are several ways to save money during the shopping season. Trust me; it’s easier than you might think! Here are a few tips to help you maximize your savings:
Keep an eye on sales and discounts. Shopping during the peak holiday season can be expensive, but keeping up with special offers from retailers can help you find great deals. Plus, these discounts are usually offered throughout the holidays, so you don’t have to worry about missing out!
Leverage the benefits of Amazon Prime Day to save big and make smart shopping decisions.
Helpful site if you want to compare prices.
Download the Flipp app to compare flyers
Use Retailmenot for coupons and codes
The App ShopSavvy
Just scan the barcode, and the comparable prices pop up. When checking out, take it to the cashier and show the cheaper price offered at another store, and they will price match.
Rather shop online?
Shopping online is a great way to save time, money, and hassle. Plus, with no need to leave your house or wait in line at the store, shopping online is a much more convenient option for busy families.
Not to mention, online shopping offers unparalleled convenience. With busy schedules, including work, commuting, dinner, and taking care of the kids, shopping online is moms’ favorite go-to.
Join Rakuten for free & get a &10 Welcome Bonus. See, I just saved you money!
Don’t you love saving money so you can stay on budget?
back to school shopping at Amazon is so convenient! Not only do they have great prices, but free shipping too! My kids always find what they need for school, and we can save money without leaving the house. Plus, I don’t have to carry heavy bags of supplies either, which is a bonus. Definitely a win-win situation all around!
Amazon back to school ideas list
4. Back-to-School Snacks for Kids
Whether the children are riding the bus, attending afterschool programs, or heading straight home, having a convenient snack is important.
Snacks have saved my house from many meltdowns.
The Ibotta app. I mean, I know I’ve got way too many apps, but hey, I put them all in this one folder on my phone, you know, to keep things organized. And honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way because, let’s face it, I never remember to bring those darn coupons to the store. 🙈
Ibotta allows you to clip coupons modern way. Find rebates, go shopping, send your receipt or link to a loyalty card, then get your cash.
Prepare Dinner and Snacks ahead of time
Preparing quick and convenient dinners can alleviate the overwhelming feeling. With the advent of the school year, we contend with the stress of homework, cooking, personal tasks, chores, and preparing for the next day.
As a mother of three, maintaining order in my life and home is a daily struggle. However, I have found that mastering this challenging task has brought tremendous benefits. What truly eases the burden are certain tools I rely on, such as my trusty Instapot for effortless cooking, a reliable self-floor vacuum for tackling my 5-year-old never-ending messes, an organized planner to keep track of my responsibilities, and quick dinner recipes to streamline meal preparation.
Take a look at my meal planner printable, designed to optimize your planning process and increase efficiency.
- Discover the ideal items for efficiency as a mother, empowering you to elevate her everyday life.
5. Back to School Tip: Get Organized
Making your mom’s life simpler can have a profound impact on your peace of mind. When it comes to chores that moms approve of, there are a few essential steps you can take to facilitate a smoother transition for your family.
Back-to-school tips to make mom’s life easier.
As a mom, transitioning from summer to school can be stressful. Here are some tips to make life easier when getting your family back into the school routine:
1. Create an organized schedule for the whole family – Include everyone’s activities, such as sports, music lessons, and homework time, in a shared calendar so everyone knows what’s coming up.
- MomPlanner for organizing mom and kids in one planner
- Create a family command center
- The Top 7 Planners Trusted by Working Moms
2. Set realistic expectations – Moms often have high expectations for themselves and their families, so it’s important to be realistic about the amount of time you can spend on school-related activities each day.
3. Stock up well ahead of time – Make sure to prepare for back-to-school needs like supplies, clothes, and food in advance. This way, you won’t be scrambling at the last minute to get everything ready.
4. Establish a good bedtime routine – A good night’s sleep is essential for everyone in the family during school days. Make it easier by setting an earlier bedtime with clear rules about electronics and noise levels in the house after dark.
5. Establish a good morning routine. Start by waking up a few minutes early each day and using that time to do something like meditate, stretch out, or just take some deep breaths. Then, create a plan for your day so you can stay focused on what needs to be done. Finally, make sure to have a healthy breakfast and get yourself ready for the day ahead! With this routine in place.
Related Post for Organization:
Getting kids ready for back to school can sometimes be a hassle. But if you prepare, organize, and find the best deals, then you will save yourself money and reduce stress.
I hope these tips helped you save time, money, and sanity!